Writing a Charter School Application
Having the opportunity to impact the future of a community and our children by opening a public charter school is incredibly exciting and very daunting. It is a roller coaster ride of emotions.
I experienced these emotional moments first hand as a member of the NC Office of Charter Schools; serving on the team that developed the application and the evaluation criteria. I have spent hundreds of hours coaching and teaching applicants, reading, evaluating and providing specific feedback on how to improve the overall application.
I have celebrated with groups that have been successful, and felt the heartache for groups that came up short.
With a focus on charter schools and the communities they serve, the mission of my organization, Leaders Building Leaders, is to be the difference maker in the leadership development of individuals and organizations.
Before you ever ride a roller coaster you always want to know where the loops and sharp turns are located.
As a charter school leader, effective charter schools researcher and governance expert, I want to be an extension of your team and help you meet your personal goals of impacting the community through education.
I want to be in the front seat of the roller coaster with you!
I have had the opportunity to participate in two workshops that Dr. Tom Miller led, and he brings a terrific combination of theoretical and practical experience to the room. This has been crucial to myself and the board of Shining Rock Classical Academy as we navigate the challenges of the charter process. Ben Butler (Founder, Shining Rock Classical Academy)
A few of the benefits of partnering with my Team are:
- Adding a committed partner with first-hand charter school knowledge and leadership experience to your team.
- Adding a committed partner with access to state-wide resources and relationships.
- Adding a partner who has evaluated over 100 applications as a member of the State’s authorization team.
- Adding a certified coach and accountability partner to help navigate through the LOOPS and TURNS
In addition, the entire organization will benefit from specific teaching for you and your board regarding:
- Alignment to mission throughout application (From Goals to Roles!)
- Effective governance practices and structures
- Best practices in developing operational budget
- Marketing and meeting community promises
- Building an action plan to navigate– Submission>Interview>Ready-to-Open Process>Vision a Heartbeat
My personalized services provide leaders of all levels a concrete path to raising their leadership lid; communicate their vision while structuring their priorities in life.
Let’s buckle up for an energetic and thrilling ride and get ready to celebrate this community WIN together!